Control Altdorf Delete
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1.3 Combat & Careers Changes Postponed

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Xeme

Xeme

1.3 Combat & Careers Changes Postponed Empty
PostSubject: 1.3 Combat & Careers Changes Postponed   1.3 Combat & Careers Changes Postponed I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 11:09 am

Message from Mythic:

AdamG wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Over the past two weeks, we have been extremely busy working on our Public Test Version (PTS) in preparation for the launch of the 1.3 patch, which includes our first major free content expansion, feature enchantments, career balance adjustments, and a numerous bug fixes. As you are all aware, our PTS server is used not only to test upcoming content for major issues, but to get player feedback on how new features and balance changes will affect how people play WAR. Specifically, we pay careful attention to balance changes and how they affect individual players and the careers they play.

Version 1.3 introduces numerous positive career changes, such as the ongoing Archmage / Shaman revamp, reductions in AoE effectiveness, and smaller targeted improvements to the Rune Priest, Zealot, Marauder, Magus, and White Lion careers; however, we have also found a number of changes to be controversial within the community, including the adjustments to Stat Factors, Healing Effectiveness, and concerns about the Warrior Priest and Disciple careers. Due to the complexity of the changes, it becomes very difficult to simply separate out specific items from the patch without altering other changes in unexpected ways. As a result of this, and to ensure the very best possible patch content, we have decided to split the Career balance changes out of our 1.3 patch. This will allow us to continue working with our Public Test community to further shape the upcoming career adjustments into a more stable, understandable, and fun experience for all.

Career balance changes will be removed from our PTS server starting in Phase 3 of version 1.3 testing, allowing players to focus on testing and feedback for our new Land of the Dead zone. We plan to re-open balance testing for career changes shortly after the release of our 1.3 patch so that we can continue working with the community on these changes and improvements to WAR.

As always, your participation in our Public Test program is a valuable part of developing WAR into the best game experience it can be. Thank you for all of your feedback in phases 1 and 2 of PTS!

LoTD will bring more ppl to the game...but class imbalances will make ppl leave...well done mythic clown and it seems WE dont matter either Razz
Back to top Go down
Shadius
Admin
Shadius

PostSubject: Re: 1.3 Combat & Careers Changes Postponed   1.3 Combat & Careers Changes Postponed I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 11:36 am

They certainly don't seem to be wanting to help themselves!

The originaly patch notes and plans made me think they've finally started to see what we've all been talking about, but seems maybe not! Or what they actually intend to do seems to leave me at a blank. Must be some motive behind it I suppose.

They'll fix ya sexy WE for you matey Wink
Back to top Go down
http://cad-alliance.omgforum.net
Svartsyn

PostSubject: Re: 1.3 Combat & Careers Changes Postponed   1.3 Combat & Careers Changes Postponed I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 3:55 am

I really hope they will put a lot of effort into this and balance things for once. It is sad to see so much order loving and so many players closing their accounts due to imbalances. Hopefully they will listen to what the players of both sides say... They have already destroyed the WE and the Marauder is not far from it if they would implement the nerfs they first announced.
Most of all I'd like to see the WH and WP get tuned down and also Choppa/Slayer to be a more interesting class to play... Not just one button spam to wipe everyone around.

And on a side note - what the hell is up with the non-stop order cc?
Back to top Go down
http://last.fm/user/sadistica
Xeme

Xeme

PostSubject: Re: 1.3 Combat & Careers Changes Postponed   1.3 Combat & Careers Changes Postponed I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 7:48 am

Quote :
And on a side note - what the hell is up with the non-stop order cc?

According to the american forums, most of the devs clown play on the side of order monkey with a few destro alts. This would seem to make sense and be one of the reasons why order monkey are getting more OP and destro getting the boot. Another reason i think is that destro have more skilled players and routinely beat the order monkey 1 clickers. Whilst order may not have the numbers ingame they certainly have them in the forums. The order monkey whine is unmatched and very OP, even from the beginning of the game they have influenced the way the nerfs went, WE is the prime example with litterately 100s of posts on every forum whining, and we all know what happened next Evil or Very Mad But even with all the nerfs, destro still manages to beat order monkey a lot of the time, which is probably why we are still getting nerfed. I feel that the game is ruled by the 1-clickers who are predominantly order monkey . So you can see why order need all the cc thay can get, as its prolly the only button they use and one which beats us. There are some skilled order out there who totally agree with destro, but these seem to be too few to matter as its the easymoders and 1 clickers who are the majority subscribers and the ones who mythic listen to.

One little fact which might have escaped you is that our server is an annomoly in the world of warhammer online in both europe and the usa. Its predominatly destro controlled which is a rare thing and something which also suggests that there is an even bigger problem with class/realm imbalances than what mythic may (or may not by the look of things) think, but i guess for us its down to having uber guilds Razz and amazing alliances cheers which make destro so good on our server Laughing (cant be the imba destro zerg, surely? scratch )

This is just my humble opinion in answer to the question Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1.3 Combat & Careers Changes Postponed   1.3 Combat & Careers Changes Postponed I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1.3 Combat & Careers Changes Postponed
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Control Altdorf Delete :: Members Lounge :: News and Announcements-
Jump to: