Control Altdorf Delete
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Weekly ORvR event!

Go down 
+3
Xeme
Jopo
Svartsyn
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Svartsyn

Weekly ORvR event! Empty
PostSubject: Weekly ORvR event!   Weekly ORvR event! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 6:35 am

I'd like to suggest that once and maybe twice later on we will have an ORvR event for T4 where all who can should come!
This day when we have it one should leave any other activity/warband and join up with the guild/alliance. I think it is important to have something like that scheduled so we will learn how to work together and dedicate time to make a difference and work on our reputation as a strong force. We will aim to have a good party/warband with a sufficent amount on healers, dps and tanks to get as much as possible out from it, and all should join up on ventrilo for this specific event (should be mandatory unless one has an eligible excuse). All should join with characters that will benefit the guild the most, for most success and better renown farm, and of course always stick together and follow the leader! During other times one may be free to join with whatever they wish.
It is sad to see that when we try to run parties and warbands for ORvR a big amount still tend to go with random groups instead. But at the same time it is spontaneous and in a way I can understand why when we lack healers and such in our warbands/groups.
I know that some of the bigger guilds have this kind of event weekly and it really helps them so I think we should give it a try as well. Hopefully this will boost the morale of the guild.
What do you think? Any idea of a good day to do it on?

Svartsyn
Back to top Go down
http://last.fm/user/sadistica
Jopo

Weekly ORvR event! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekly ORvR event!   Weekly ORvR event! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 11:01 am

you can count me in Smile any class what is needed tank , healer or 2 x dps .. cheers
Back to top Go down
Gäst

Weekly ORvR event! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekly ORvR event!   Weekly ORvR event! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 6:00 pm

i can help with imba dps Twisted Evil or retarded healer Smile
Back to top Go down
Xeme

Xeme

Weekly ORvR event! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekly ORvR event!   Weekly ORvR event! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 7:37 am

Good idea Very Happy

Setting a day is good start. If theres not much RVR on at that time do some PQs, tome unlocks or just help each other and have fun. Naked PQ is a blast lol! (you don't need a full group/groups to do a lot of things) On the last server we used to group nearly all the time doing everything from RVR, PVE, PQ, tome unlocks or even to help others level and have fun doing it Smile Just grouping for ORVR or PVE all the time is not to everybodies taste and can get a little stale, so try and mix things up a little. When this guild was fairly new, Shad, Saccy, myself and others, most who have sadly left, would group and have a laugh, even if it was only 2 of us. The group make up itself (unless you do PVE) does not matter as long as you have a healer, i have tanked many times with my WE much to every1s amusement, even Shads Sorc tanks occaisionally Wink and Shamans in this guild are famous for their tanking (sometimes naked) exploits in BS Shocked (even with a tank in the group lol! )

Top Tip for getting healers etc: Dont let lack of guild/ally healers stop you grouping. Try and get "random" healers and it doesnt matter if they are not lvl 40. Forming friendships with other healers has benefitted us in the past as we have had many healers from top guilds (Bloodline, Legio etc) aiding us in both RVR and PVE, even when we were in different WBs. (Forming friendships doesnt mean they have to join the guild either)
This works with different classes too and has resulted in an aliiance in the past with 2 other guilds, its just unfortunate that the guild we were closest to and mainly grouped with chose a different server on the last move (I still miss them Sad ) , the other guild became Enclave.

Just remember that the main reason to group with ppl is to have fun Very Happy and dont just limit grouping with guild buddies to once a week Wink
Back to top Go down
Archangelin
Admin
Archangelin

Weekly ORvR event! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekly ORvR event!   Weekly ORvR event! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 8:05 pm

Having RVR as a calendar event can be a good thing. Tho....habits need to settle first. I think we need the new standard days for LV, BE and BB become general knowledge via the calendar first. As soon as everyone knows TUE and FRI is BE and BB day, and SUN is LV day.....ill start setting up events for ORVR aswell. Right now we actually have parties, even full warbands from the alliance running around every day! Mostly Equinox members tho since the other guilds in the alliance has become very inactive except for a few persistent members. Hopefully this will be solved pretty soon. All i can do now as a guild leader is to have my arms open for refugees in need of help! Razz
Back to top Go down
Svartsyn

Weekly ORvR event! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekly ORvR event!   Weekly ORvR event! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 1:43 pm

So, after talking to people in alliance chat and also heard this suggestion from other people in the guild, I think it would be great to make it a reality.
Zaemon, who also came up with this idea, suggested mondays to be a good day. I think either mondays or wednesdays would be good.
What do you think?

Another thing, we need to have static Warband leader(s) for this event so people know who to listen to at all times.
It should of course be somebody with a mic! And also someone who is innovative, strategical and with good knowledge about classes, zones and mechanics overall. It doesn't have to be perfect or 100% the first times (we all take part and help) or any such so don't be scared away by requirements. What we most of all need is someone who feels he/she can handle it all, the stress and have the will, time and patience to get this rolling!
Also to make it easier we should in each group have some kind of subleader if possible to sort minor things out. But not so important for now I guess. Razz

I am not sure who to nominate as main leader for this as we usually have spontaneous groups.
However, I think either Arch or Bruglir would be suited for this. If there is anybody else just make a post here Smile
One thing is for sure, I do not want to lead this, I am not a good leader because I am lazy, sometimes dis-associative and have a boyfriend I just can't reject for WAR anymore. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://last.fm/user/sadistica
zaemon

Weekly ORvR event! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekly ORvR event!   Weekly ORvR event! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 9:08 am

I nominate Bruglir as a person to lead wb or fg. He has a great knowledge of the game and how a group should work. Hes still a nab though Razz
Back to top Go down
Bruglir

Bruglir

Weekly ORvR event! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekly ORvR event!   Weekly ORvR event! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 5:54 pm

zaemon wrote:
I nominate Bruglir as a person to lead wb or fg. He has a great knowledge of the game and how a group should work. Hes still a nab though Razz

nope, Zaemon should lead, he's got more rpeez than me!
Back to top Go down
Jerichox

Weekly ORvR event! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekly ORvR event!   Weekly ORvR event! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 9:11 pm

I want in!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Weekly ORvR event! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekly ORvR event!   Weekly ORvR event! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weekly ORvR event!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Control Altdorf Delete :: Equinox Lounge :: Equinox Members Lounge-
Jump to: