Control Altdorf Delete
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Major disturbances going on. New leadership imminent.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Archangelin
Admin
Archangelin

Major disturbances going on. New leadership imminent. Empty
PostSubject: Major disturbances going on. New leadership imminent.   Major disturbances going on. New leadership imminent. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 5:02 pm

Hello everyone!

As you may have noticed we have had some MAJOR issues lately.
I am not sure why, but i suspect there are a lot of small things doing a greater harm.
Summer is here and many spend their time outside warhammer, which ofc is very normal. This contributes to a lack of online members.
Also, Chris has stated that he might leave his position as a leader for a while. A guild needs a backbone to lean against and without Chris online very much lately the current officers have been a bit uncertain of how to cope with the problems that have surfaced.
It is understandable that it is hard to make crucial descicions when there is noone to get confirmation from.
This has lead to a deminishing atmosphere. It is VERY serious. Officers have all powers needed but dont dare to do anything.

I have no premade solution for ourcurrent situation.
I have tried to contact chris by telephone to ask who is going to be passed leadership and so on but he has not been heard from.
The situation got so serious that the officers decided to pass leadership to me.

It is very frightening for me to take this position as i understand that these hard times can become very ugly VERY quickly.
My second choice was to leave the guild and join a more stable one. butthen again, i could not leave all the hard work behind me in one gigantic failure.
So....I decided, after talking to the current officers online, to overtake chris leadership until he gets back.

What do I expect to accomplish? Well, tricky question. What i at least want to do is TRY. If im needed as a backbone for the officers i accept this. Even if i might become a scapegoat in a gigantic failure i am good with that. At least i tried as hard as i could with best of intentions and with all the judgement i had.

Some major changes is going to happen with me leading forthe moment. The guild needs it. There is too much disturbance in the air.
My first goal is to increase the number of officers. This to ease up on the administration. The past weeks 80% of my playtime has been spent on solving problems and getting bullshitted for all the problems going on.
I am sure its been just as hard for the few other officers available in the game atm.
Now i will start to keep my eyes open for more candidates to take on officer positions.
I am going to hand out specific areas of responsibility for old/new officers. This to ease up on the massive workload the leaders have today.
3 new officers has already been promoted. Butzig, Banaschar and Mallec. Mallec is on a trial as a Social officer. Dealing with personal grudges and keeping an eye on the general atmosphere. Butzig and Banaschar has become Recruitment Officers. The guild need more active players right now and they are going to try and recruit new members followingthe criterias we need.

Another change is dungeon runs. We are going to set fixed days for dungeon runs. This to keep players from having lockouts when the guild needs them.
At first we are going to try tuesdays and fridays out for BE and BB. Lost vale is going to have sundays all by it self. This way everyone knows that sundays is probably going to bethe best day to farm that place empty!
A solution like this has two sides. One good and two bad. The bad side is that not everyone might be able to come each sunday. Well, that goes for all big communities. Not everyone can catch every bus on every stop. At least we are trying to improve and we will be very open for suggestions and/or changes.

Another change is the Elite Player Nub title. A title that the very best of members can achieve. It is a title one can recieve from participating very actively on ventrilo and on the forums. What is also required is class knowledge. You will have to know all ins and outs of your career. All careers have some pretty powerful abilities other than just healing or DPS'ing. An Elite Player Nub is also running around quite a lot in ORVR and is gathering people in warbands and on ventrilo.
Why then? This is a way to increase the overall experinence of our players.
A Nubling is going to see others have that title and wonder how they can also get it? Its a carrot for people to explore all the tools they have.

One more title i might introduce is something like Penalized nubling or anything equal to that.
A player who does not show up for a calendar event without giving a warning prior to the date will get penalized for 1 or 2 weeks. The penalty will be a shameful title and no way of signing up for further events within that period of time. After 2 weeks the player will be promoted back to their previous title.
This is a very ugly solution but it is needed. To many people have been let down by others not showing up for dungeon runs. It is very frustrating to not be able to do a dungeon because half of the people either dont show up or they have a lockout.

Other than this i am going to try and collect some nice rules and guidelines to post here on the forum. It will look very much like a guild introduction with a set of rules further down the post.
I want this to be a tool for the recruiters. Instead of spending 20 minutes on someone when recruiting we can keep a high quality recruitment in no time. Giving the recruitment officers much more time to play and explore their characters.

Also i am going to recruit a new forums admin. I need one person in charge of this very important aspect of the alliance. So, if you feel you can contribute, be sure to let me know!
This goes for anything btw. If you feel you can make a change and contribute to the envoronment which you spend your time. Make sure i know that so i can give you the powers needed to do that.

Hopefully Chris will be back soon. I do not want to sit sneaky in his chair for too long Razz
But until then, it has been decided that i am going to be held responible for things going on right now. No matter good or bad. This has been enforced by several important officers.

For now, i am saying thank you for reading this. I will come back online soon to work on the new sheet of rules i am going to make upp.
Happy gaming everybody and bear with us this hard time.
Who knows, something EXCELLENT and BRILLIANT might come out of this.
Back to top Go down
Xeme

Xeme

PostSubject: Re: Major disturbances going on. New leadership imminent.   Major disturbances going on. New leadership imminent. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 11:16 pm

Just a quickie as im supposed to be at work Rolling Eyes

Nice to see other ppl taking responsibility in the guild, its seems problems have been ongoing for some time now after reading the forums.

Chris will be VERY busy atm with moving his family and having to do courses for his new post, this game will be far from his mind atm. Chris will be back when things have settled down. (Could be a month or more)

I think Arch, you are the right person to step up and it looks like you are doing a good job of it, just remember that you have officers who should share some of your burden and don't take things personally if they dont work.

As already been stated, ppl need to be "encouraged" to use this forum, unfortunately the Equinox forum looks dead as no one has posted on it for weeks which is a pity as there is lots of valuable information in it.

New rules look good Smile , just wish i could help out in some way Neutral

Good luck with the guild and try to have fun Wink
Back to top Go down
Archangelin
Admin
Archangelin

PostSubject: Re: Major disturbances going on. New leadership imminent.   Major disturbances going on. New leadership imminent. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 8:38 am

Thanks for your support Xeme!

It feels a bit weird ending up on Chris position without him telling me to, i can tell you that for sure!
Still i hope it will turn out for the best. Hopefully the guild will still be pretty much the same when he gets back here and i hope i can step down to the position of a more regular player.

Not many new officers have been assigned lately and the workload on the current ones still online frequently has increased by the day.
Also in this case i hope i can recruit a new group of officers without making chris mad since he always felt there shuld be a small amount.
I feel this is not working today so my intent is to assign new officers with their own small areas of responsibility.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Major disturbances going on. New leadership imminent.   Major disturbances going on. New leadership imminent. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Major disturbances going on. New leadership imminent.
Page 1 of 1